Here it is…
The first few words in what might be a never ending blog journey brought to you by yours truly.
The idea for A Yogi’s Journey first laid its roots in my imagination about a week after I got back from Costa Rica. Kesley and I were going for a walk when out of nowhere it just flashed in my mind. There was something different to this idea than most of the others I have had. I can only describe it as being a really sure feeling and that whatever it was going to be, I had to give life to it. In other words, it was too good of an idea just to let fade away.
As soon as I opened my mouth to tell Kesley about this idea that I just had, she immediately pointed up towards the sky and said “look at that bird”. It was a big bird flying into the tall pine trees above us. The sun had just gone down, so it was getting harder to see by the minute. As we walked closer to the tree where it landed, we pondered what kind of bird it could be. Kesley’s intuitive thought was an eagle. And sure enough , it was. I’m not 100% sure but I believe it was a Golden Eagle. We watched in awe as it flew off once more.
Realizing the synchronicity of what had just happened, I was left feeling dumbfounded. I didn’t have to think about it, I KNEW that this idea had to be of some significance. And given the fact that the symbol of an eagle played a big role at my yoga teacher training in Costa Rica, made it even more “trippy”. Talk about a sign or an omen.
At the time, I didn’t exactly know what A Yogi’s Journey would be… a blog, a book.. and I wasn’t sure how I would write it. I had no idea. I didn’t think about it for a few days. When I did think about it, I pondered whether or not I even should do it. I kept asking myself if people would like it or not, would they even care? I guess I was scared. But here I am writing it, so good for me.
A Yogi’s Journey will be…exactly that. An ongoing documented intimate journey of my personal life, while I fully pursue my goals and dreams in this beautiful, crazy world.
- It has now been a full month since I got back to Canada from Costa Rica. I can 100% wholeheartedly tell you now that, that experience was absolutely life changing and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. That place and those people will forever have a place in my heart.
- I recommend everybody go on a yoga teacher training adventure at some point in their lives. When you do, pick a place where you have never been before and drop any expectations. Open up, tip toe your way into the unknown and let the experience take you away. It made me feel like a little kid again and the nostalgia that I felt was unlike anything I’ve experienced in a long time.
- Kesley and I are currently reading Marie Kondo’s Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing. We agreed to apply the concepts once we finish the book. So far the read is very interesting and actually applying the lessons should be even more so.
- We added at 3.5 inch tropical fern to our family of plants. It has only been a couple of days, but it is quickly growing tiny new stalks.
- We also started growing another pineapple to add to the one we have been growing for a few months.
- I have kept up a daily morning japa meditation for over a month and now I look forward to it every morning. This is something I took away from Costa Rica as it was part of our daily regime. Meditation has now become easier and I can reach that clear state of mind much faster. It feels so peaceful and is a serene way to wake up!
- Kesley and I have now been vegetarian for over 3 months and we are loving it. We are having lots of fun making new exciting and healthy dishes. Among our favourites is smoothie bowls, we make at least one everyday.
- Goals and Dreams are worth pursuing! It has now been four months since I started CBD Yoga and Fitness. I had never filmed video demonstrations before and had no knowledge about camera equipment. All I knew was that I was tired living a life that I found unfulfilling and was finally ready to stop talking about what I wanted to do but actually fully commit myself to living that life. I quickly learned that making and editing videos(especially voice overs) is pretty much a full time job in itself. All in all, it has been challenging and also very much rewarding. I can honestly say that I am having an absolute bast doing it. It has been nothing but the beginning struggling stages so far, but I am loving it. It consumes me everyday and Kesley would probably tell you a little bit too much. I encourage anybody reading this who is thinking about taking the path less travelled and doing what their heart is calling them to do, to do it! Fully commit yourself and watch what happens. The raw passion and excitement for it is intoxicating. The growth that you receive is nonrefundable.
- During the Month of February, CBD Yoga and Fitness surpassed a few goals including: 25 Subscribers, 1,000 Views, 20 Consistent Videos and 75 Watched Hours 🙂 Thank you all who have helped contribute to that! We are currently at 1,300 views and over 100 watched hours. The next upcoming milestones are 50 Subscribers, 150 Watched Hours, and 30 Consistent Videos.
- This week I have made 5 new videos including: 1 Hour Yin Yoga, Isometric Yoga Workout, Sunrise Vinyasa Yoga, Yoga For Posture, and A Bikram Inspired Hatha Yoga. I can’t wait to share them with you all!
- If you haven’t already, be sure to like and subscribe.
- May everyone stay safe and healthy during this time in our world. Sending peace and love to all.
- I’ll end this post with one of my favourite quotes from Steve Jobs “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
Peace, Love & Blessings,